Thursday, October 10, 2013

Where do we turn in tough times

This week's activities have been a little less exciting than the previous weeks as the students are researching different crops grown in South Dakota.  The students are getting hit with projects and tests from many different classes as the end of the first quarter is coming up next Wednesday.
The West River families and communities have been in our thoughts and prayers this week as they continue to deal with losses and clean up from last week's storm.  I am proud of how the students have kept their focus here at school, however, we also realize how difficult it is for them to be here knowing the loss and extra work going on back home.
We read from Psalm 40 today in devotions which says:  "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.  Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."

No comments:

Post a Comment